LMR Minutes MOUs Case Decisions Regional Designated Reps Committees Const&ByLaws Training GOVEXEC HEADLINES The FBI Reportedly Prefers Virginia For Its New Headquarters, Drawing Heat from the Maryland Delegation With Feds Working 'Wherever Their Hearts Desire,' Agencies Should Sell Off More Buildings, Lawmakers Say A 4-Step Guide to Solving the Medicare-FEHB Puzzle ‘Protect the Health’ of Employees Amid Poor Air Quality, OPM Reminds Employees Wildfire Smoke Can Harm Human Health, Even When the Fire is Hundreds of Miles Away – a Toxicologist Explains Why NATIONAL DOL NEWS US Department of Labor lauds three North Dakota employers for recording zero worker injuries, illnesses in 2022 Federal investigators find trench lacked required cave-in protection that could have prevented Burr Ridge contractor’s fatal injuries US Department of Labor lauds three Wyoming employers for recording zero worker injuries, illnesses in 2022 US Department of Labor lauds 9 Montana employers for recording zero worker injuries, illnesses in 2022 Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report
Best Practices for Local Leaders: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Things we recommend following when there is a confirmed case:
- Notify OSHA at the Federal Level (Federal OSHA and the State OSHA are separate agencies). Call 1-800-321-6742.
- Advise the State OSHA that a case is confirmed at your Federal Agency and the exposure could affect state businesses due to community spread of the (COVID-19) Federal OSHA has jurisdiction at your agency, state OSHA has jurisdiction over local businesses that are affected: Example fitness centers, Train station etc....
- Call CDC and advise them of the confirmed case at your location. Get their name, Title and what action they will be taking.
- Call your state Health Department and advise them that you have a case in your agency.
- Notify your Council and NVP/NR
- For a member to be able to use Workers Compensation benefits, they must be diagnosed by a doctor (MD)
- Many hospitals are advising infected employees to stay home, the infected employee should advise the hospital that they must get a written document with the Diagnosis due to the Federal Employees Compensation act (FECA).
- Some medical facilities will not test an employee unless they are admitting them, if this is the case, then the employee needs to go to a drive thru facility to be tested.
We also highly recommend setting a Conference call with all the affected employees. The call would advise the employees on how to proceed with their Workers Compensation Cases and safety. Loop in you NR.Paused
US NEWS-THE REPORT Connection Failure: This usually happens when the news feed URL is entered incorrectly. PLANNING TO RETIRE Connection Failure: This usually happens when the news feed URL is entered incorrectly.
When working people come together, they make things better for everyone. Joining together in unions enables workers to negotiate for higher wages and benefits and improve conditions in the workplace. There are millions of union members in America from all walks of life. These individuals know that by speaking up together, you can accomplish more than you could on your own.
Building Power for Working People
A union is you and your co-workers coming together as a team to make improvements at your workplace.
Union members work together to negotiate and enforce a contract with management that guarantees the things you care about like decent raises, affordable health care, safer workplaces, job security and a stable schedule.
There is a union for every type of career. There are unions for NFL players, lobstermen and sitcom actors, and many other professions. No matter what profession you are in, you deserve to make ends meet, have a good life and plan for the future.
Advocate for Social and Economic Justice
The gains working people make at the bargaining table are strengthened by good laws that protect against exploitation. Corporations use laws to increase their profits by weakening working people’s rights and safety. The legacy of strong unions has led to weekends, overtime pay and the end of child labor. That’s why union members continue to raise their voices to be heard from the worksite to the White House.
We are a watchdog for working people.
Voice of the People
Unions give a unified voice for all working people by advocating for legislation and regulations that keep us safer, healthier, and enjoying a higher quality of life. Many union members are politically engaged. We advocate for the public servants who will best serve the interests of working people at all levels of government. Together, we are re-writing the rules of the economy, so they benefit the 99% instead of the wealthy few.
We also advocate for an expansion of voting rights. We need to make participatory democracy easier and stop the racist laws that keep all people from accessing their right to vote.